[Scons-users] profiling with scons

Karen Khar karen.khar at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 21:59:35 EDT 2012

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. My program is a component of a large suite
of programs which I compile with gcc through scons. I am unable to compile
without scons because the whole suite is necessary. The suite uses scons with
some extensions. scons.py implemented as a Python script. I don't know
anything about linkers. I tried to use gprof, but the -pg command, but it
is incompatible when compiling with scons. Am I out of luck?

I read this in scons man:

--profile=*file*Run SCons under the Python profiler and save the results in
the specified *file*. The results may be analyzed using the Python pstats
module.