[Scons-users] profiling with scons

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Sun Jul 15 20:25:35 EDT 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Karen Khar <karen.khar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,

> I need to profile a program the I compile with scons, but I can't figure out

> how this works. The scons manual says that you can use pstats, but I need

> better instruction.

> 1) what command line do I use to have it compile with profiling. Currently

> my command line is:

> scons ~/rosetta_source bin

Hi, Karen. This may not really be a SCons question, but more about
how to compile a program for profiling on your system. Do you know
what compiler and linker commands you would issue on the command line
if you weren't using SCons? If you do, it's pretty easy to assign
those flags to SCons construction variables so SCons can do what you
would have done manually.

--
Gary