[Scons-users] Overriding Object to force global dependency

Kyle J Strand Kyle.Strand at beckman.com
Thu Jul 5 17:42:18 EDT 2012

In that case, that confirms that FileVersion.os is indeed static, right?

Kyle Strand, Software Intern
Beckman Coulter, Inc., Life Sciences Division
4862 Innovation Drive, Fort Collins, Colorado, 80525
(970) 204-7036

scons-users-bounces at scons.org wrote on 07/05/2012 03:07:12 PM:

> Greg Ward <greg at gerg.ca>

> Sent by: scons-users-bounces at scons.org

> 07/05/2012 03:07 PM

> Please respond to

> cc

> scons-users-bounces at scons.org

> Subject

> Re: [Scons-users] Overriding Object to force global dependency

> On 05 July 2012, Kyle J Strand said:

> > I don't know what's going on, exactly, but it seems a bit strange to

me

> > that FileVersion.os has the .os extension while

libSystemUtilitiesJNI.so

> > has the .so extension. I don't know exactly what the difference is.

> Not strange at all. .os is an object file compiled by SharedObject.

> AFAIK the convention of using an extension other than .o is unique to

> SCons, but it seems like a reasonable thing to me. I'm sure there is a

> good reason for it buried in the past.

> .so is of course a shared library. Nothing funny there. (JNI libraries

> are perfectly normal, ordinary, bog-standard shared libraries with

> rather long function names so that Java can find your code according

> to its package scheme.)

> Greg

The server made the following annotations

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Beckman Coulter, Inc. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.