[Scons-users] LoadableModule on Python OSX binding generates "PyThreadState_Get: no current thread"

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Tue Aug 14 00:26:24 EDT 2012

Hi Marc,

my guess is that you have a conflict between Python from /opt/local (MacPorts I guess) and System Python.

> env.Append( LIBPATH = ['/opt/local/lib','../mylib/lib'])

> env.Append( LIBS = ['python','boost_python','mylib'])

MacPorts installs /opt/local/lib/libpython2.x.dylib but no /opt/local/lib/libpython.dylib. So I think that you are actually linking against System Python whereas you ran MacPorts Python when you did

> $ python mytest/mytest.py

> Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

To confirm, what does 'type python' prints out?

Your core dump clearly shows the aforementioned admixture of /opt/local/... and /System/... Python.

HtH,

Luc J. Bourhis