[Scons-users] LoadableModule on Python OSX binding generates "PyThreadState_Get: no current thread"

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Fri Aug 10 11:00:17 EDT 2012

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM, Marc Magrans de Abril
<marcmagransdeabril at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear colleagues,

> I am trying to build a "hello world" Python extension in C++ for MacOS

> 10.7.4 (i.e. Lion). I am using boost::python to automatically generate

> the boilerplate code. Unfortunately, I am not able to generate the

> module correctly. I get the following error:

> $ cd boost_python

> $ scons

> $ export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=mylib/lib

> $ export PYTHONPATH=mybindings/lib

> $ python mytest/mytest.py

> Fatal Python error: PyThreadState_Get: no current thread

> Abort trap: 6

Can you build it correctly on the command line (without using SCons)?
You didn't show what commands scons actually executes here, but if you
can paste those into a Terminal window and modify them so your module
gets build correctly, then you can probably make SCons use the same
commands.

--
Gary