[Scons-users] StaticLibrary builder

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Aug 8 12:35:59 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 10:55 -0400, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Russel Winder <russel at winder.org.uk> wrote:

> > environment = Environment(tools=['g++','gnulink'])

> try tools=['default', 'g++', 'gnulink']

> otherwise your env has no tools except the ones you defined.

A number of thoughts:

1. g++ and gnulink define a complete toolchain. so why do I need more.
Actually I shouldn't need gnulink given I said g++ but I don't get the
Program builder without a link tool.

2. I actively want to stop some tools being initialized because they
are broken. It's OK, I broke them, they are experiments that I need to
be able to selectively ignore.

3. Surely tools=['default', 'g++', 'gnulink'] is just redundant since g
++ and gnulink are initialized by default anyway?

4. tools=['default', 'g++', 'gnulink'] does actually work for me, which
means I now have no understanding of what is happening.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder t: +44 20 7585 2200 voip: sip:russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road m: +44 7770 465 077 xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk