[Scons-users] StaticLibrary builder

Kenny, Jason L jason.l.kenny at intel.com
Wed Aug 8 11:33:44 EDT 2012

I agree,

The value I get out of this is that I have to create a 1000 different environment ( new record I believe I just saw). Here this makes a huge difference, and the use of clone for environments that are similar.

This is why I feel the proposal I have for adding a toolchain directory with some sort of data about the toolchain is a must. The proposal Greg has with IAPAT does not solve this issue, as it requires the user to define what toolchains they want in the SConstruct file. Being able to define a file that scons can be told about with a --tool-chain like switch means we have control over what is loaded and what is not. Given the support certain cross platform cases such as NDK android I have, I think this needs to go into SCons.

Jason