[Scons-users] StaticLibrary builder

Gary Oberbrunner garyo at oberbrunner.com
Wed Aug 8 11:21:41 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Kenny, Jason L <jason.l.kenny at intel.com> wrote:

> You can add 'default' tool to the tools, but if you are like me and want to reduce what is loaded to what is needed. I define these tools for the gcc toolchain ( which is something I want to get in to SCons with a new Setting (IAPAT) object) in Parts,

> environment = Environment(tools=['gcc','g++','ar','gas','gnulink'])

> I think that should add what you are missing.

Just a quick note on this: presumably you're doing that to speed up
startup time? Unfortunately that doesn't work, because SCons
initializes the default env before even loading the SConstruct, and it
sets up all the default tools there. That is one of the reasons, for
me, of revamping the tool chain -- to avoid that.

--
Gary