[RASEY-DNA] FTDNA sale ends midnight, Friday (CT)

Diana Gale Matthiesen DianaGM at dgmweb.net
Thu Apr 14 21:33:09 EDT 2011

Hello List,

FTDNA has just announced a sale on its Facebook page. I must admit, I
have strongly resisted getting a Facebook account, so I got this
notice second hand. I suppose I will be forced to join, eventually,
but I will go down kicking and screaming.

The sale is only going to last through midnight, tomorrow night
(central time), that is Friday, April 15th. These are the prices --
and here we find out the final price on the 67-111 upgrade and when
the current introductory price (of $101) will expire:

New customers:
Y-DNA12.. $59
Y-DNA37.. $129
mtDNA... $59
Family Finder. $199
Family Finder + Y-DNA12. $258
Family Finder + mtDNA.. $258
Family Finder + mtFullSequence + Y-DNA67 . $657

Upgrades:
Y-DNA12 add-on . $59
Y-DNA12 to 37.. $69
Y-DNA37 to 67.. $79
Y-DNA12 to 67.. $148
mtDNA add-on .. $59
mtFull Sequence upgrade . $199
Family Finder add-on . $199

To take advantage of these promotional prices use the coupon code:
DNADAY2011

The coupon code will expire on Friday at midnight (CST).

Please note, the Y-DNA67 to 111 upgrade will remain at the
introductory rate of $101 (no coupon necessary) until the end of this
promotion. The price will be $129 going forward.

Results for those who ordered the 67-111 upgrade as soon as it was
available are starting to return. The consensus seems to be that it's
a useful mix of fast and slow moving markers.

Seven members of a Haplogroup I1-AS5 family in my STRAUB project have
ordered the upgrade, and results are trickling in (scroll to the
right).
http://dgmweb.net/DNA/Straub/StraubDNA-results-HgI1-AS5.html#data

We're already getting some variation on three of the markers, so I'm
encouraged we may pick up another useful branch marker (or two or
three). If you have any intention of upgrading your markers, now is a
good time to do it.

Diana
RASEY Y-DNA Surname Project Admin