[IGDA_indies] Whither Art Thou Indie?

Corvus Elrod corvus.elrod at zakelro.com
Fri Jun 10 13:40:44 EDT 2011

It's nice to make fresh starts with a new round of introductions. So take a
moment to answer two questions: Who are you and why are you indie?

I'm Corvus Elrod, an indie designer in Portland, OR. My studio, Zakelro!
Story Studio, is currently working on a card game (tentatively titled Red,
or Red Rev), a table top RPG (The HoneyComb Engine), and a Flash game
(Addicube) with another PDX studio, The Wasabi Project.

I'm indie because I believe the future of the industry lies in the
outskirts--where risky and experimental design can still happen. I'm also
very opposed to the work environment perpetuated by major studies. Work/life
balance leads to happier and healthier developers, not to mention better
games.

--
Corvus Elrod
http://about.me/CorvusE