[IGDA_indies] Is the SIG still alive?

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Thu Dec 15 12:17:55 EST 2005

I am not too sure how you have your SIG
structured.  We had an IGDA board retreat last
week end and will have som exciting news for the
SIGs soon.  But one of our recommendations is
that each SIG be managed by a board and have
periodic election of officers.  This way the
tasks and responsibilities can be shared.  That
also encourages ownership by more people.

We will also be working on setting up competent
on-line collaboration tools that go further than
a Wiki and will allow for on-line meetings and
presentations (think like Netmeeting ot WebEx)

Tom B

At 10:14 AM 12/15/2005, you wrote:
>Might want to move stuff to the wiki, perhaps. I started a root page there
>for the SIG. By the way, I can handle the Canadian (or at least nor'east)
>part of things, if any -- I'm the organizer of an indie game con up here in
>Toronto, now.
>--
>Christopher S. 'coldacid' Charabaruk <chrisc at meldstar.com>
>Meldstar Entertainment -- Creation³ <http://www.meldstar.com/>
>

>At Thu 15 Dec 2005 01:29:02 AM EST, C Ratchet <zratchet at gmail.com> said:
>
>>I should also have some time to update the main Indie SIG site with
>>some new info over
>>the next few weeks. Classes and conferences have been taking quite a
>>bit of my time.
>>
>>Michael
>>
>>On 12/14/05, Christopher S. Charabaruk <chrisc at meldstar.com> wrote:
>>>It seems to me that the indies SIG is dead or on hiatus... If this is so the
>>>case I'd be happy to help ressurect it, but I won't have my regular IGDA
>>>membership until January or February at the earliest. So who's still
>>>watching?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Christopher S. 'coldacid' Charabaruk <chrisc at meldstar.com>
>>>Meldstar Entertainment -- Creation³ <http://www.meldstar.com/>

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
T. H. Buscaglia and Associates
80 Southwest 8th Street
Suite 2100 - Brickell Bayview Center
Miami, FL  33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
Fax (305) 324-1111
Toll Free 888-848-GLAW
http://www.gameattorney.com

Confidential:  This email contains communications
protected by the attorney-client privilege.  If
you do not expect such a communication from
Thomas H. Buscaglia, please delete this message
without reading it or any attachment, and then
notify Mr. Buscaglia at thb at intelaw.com of this inadvertent misdelivery.