[IGDA_indies] lightweight authoring systems

Brandon J. Van Every vanevery at indiegamedesign.com
Tue Feb 15 14:44:22 EST 2005

C Ratchet wrote:
> Brandon Van Every wrote:
> >
> > Ok, if you were designing your own lightweight authoring system,
> > is there anything specific in Soya that you'd take inspiration
> > from, other than "write it in Python?"
>
> Hmm... I'm not sure...
> What do you think about it yourself?

I think I'm not about to lift one finger to understand anything about
the GPLed Soya, unless somebody with experience with it tells me there's
something specifically compelling about it.  :-)  Heck, I've still got
tons of things to understand about Nebula2!

Do I infer correctly that you haven't actually used Soya yourself?  That
1 guy who did mainly use it, why don't you ask him if he thinks there's
something very specificially cool about it?  Other than it's written in
Python.  Python is fine, I'm working on Python-based stuff right now
myself, but it's not what I'd call a "specifically cool feature" of an
authoring system.

Cheers,                         www.indiegamedesign.com

"We live in a world of very bright people building
crappy software with total shit for tools and process."
                                - Ed McKenzie
--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.