[IGDA_indies] SIG Focus?

Jason Della Rocca jason at igda.org
Sat Jan 29 11:19:08 EST 2005

>I am tempted to say, if one doesn't know how to use Google to find these
>sorts of things, one isn't cut out to be an indie.

Hehehe, possibly true. But, it unfair to assume that someone just starting
out, or perhaps from elsewhere on the planet would readily know where to
look, let alone, in some cases, WHAT to look for...

Perhaps having a central meta-resource/pointers that is unbiased and
readily available to any and everyone would help get some indies rolling
much faster and avoid many of the pitfalls early on.

>That leaves face-to-face organization at the local level.  This is
>what's most valuable to me.

Face-to-face in what context/setting? Learning? Social/fun? Project/work
oriented?

If it is more for the learning and socializing aspects, that is already
being addressed by regular IGDA chapters (while some are better organized
than others), there is nothing inherently limiting involved of indies.

Rather, if it is a desire to connect locally with other indies to work on
projects/etc, that's a whole different story...

Jason

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jason Della Rocca
Executive Director
International Game Developers Association

t: +1-514-426-1162
f: +1-514-426-1201
Montreal, Canada

http://www.realitypanic.com/