[IGDA_indies] what are people actually focused on?

Ronald Hobbs ronald.hobbs at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jul 29 19:11:07 EDT 2004

Difficult question I would say. But anyway, I'm currently involved in
designing a pen and paper war-game with the aim of porting it to PC once we
can get it fun enough.

Aside from that I've got some deep interests in AI, Graphic and Physics
engines. I'm also trying to get under the hood of Ogre and the Crystal Space
engine to see how they work and how I can utilise them. Finally I'm trying
to get some of my 3DS Max stuff to stop looking like they were done by a
five year old.

I think I also care about other indies, not to brown-nose or anything, but
it always makes me feel like I'm on the right track when I see a success
story. So further to that I'd like to help out other indies more, in
whatever way I can, which is I guess why I'm here.