[IGDA_indies] open source commercial games

Jason Della Rocca indies@igda.org
Thu, 08 May 2003 15:03:28 -0400

>Anybody here knows any case of commercial open source games?

Hmm, nothing comes to mind other than older games. That is, there are a few
commercial games from a few years back (eg, Doom, Quake, Duke Nukem, No One
Lives Forever, Descent 2, etc)

Other than games that have extensive mod-ability as semi-openess, I don't
think anyone has released a commercial open source game from the get go.

But, I am not too knowledgeable about the open source scene, unfortunately...

Jason

Jason Della Rocca
Program Director
International Game Developers Association
http://www.igda.org/
"Do or do not. There is no try."
- Yoda