[kj] The Future Of Killing Joke

Thomas Bell planetary at socal.rr.com
Tue Nov 28 22:36:30 EST 2023

Honestly, I believe Killing Joke has died with Geordie. Throughout their entire history, Geordie has always been the key ingredient to the KJ stew.  The only member who played every show they did.  The closest recent example and comparison I can think of is when Eddie Van Halen passed away – despite Van Halen having two successful high-profile singers who’ve shown themselves happy to cash in on the band’s legacy, Van Halen died with Eddie.

Going forward, at this stage of the rest of the band member’s lives, I can’t see them carrying on doing the grueling touring thing under some sort of quasi-Killing Joke arrangement with a different guitarist(s) likely playing small theaters or clubs. Although I’ve seen stranger things happen, I can’t imagine Jaz, Youth and Big Paul either as a collective or individually stooping down for whatever money might present itself in the future to flog the KJ catalog as some sort of tribute to Geordie.  I’d imagine the individual members will guest on other friend’s projects, maybe a new Transmission album, Jaz will do some solo/classical stuff but Killing Joke vanished into the ether with Geordie’s passing.