[kj] Hear Ex-FEAR FACTORY Singer BURTON C. BELL's Cover Version Of RAMMSTEIN's 'Du Hast' (feat BPF) (blabbermouth.ne)

dub echo dubecho at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 11:07:06 EDT 2023

https://blabbermouth.net/news/hear-ex-fear-factory-singer-burton-c-bells-cover-version-of-rammsteins-du-hast
[image: bell.jpg]

Former FEAR FACTORY singer Burton C. Bell has released his cover version of
the RAMMSTEIN classic "Du Hast". The track, which features Paul
Ferguson (KILLING
JOKE) on drums and guitars, mix and production by Mark Gemini Thwaite, will
appear on the upcoming "A Tribute To Rammstein" album, to be released on
August 25 via Cleopatra Records.Earlier today (Monday, July 17),Bell shared
the cover art for his version of "Du Hast" on Instagram, and he included
the following message: "TODAY IS THE DAY that my #breakout #debut
#singletrack of #duhast is released! Thank you to everyone
@cleopatrarecords for bringing me, @markgeminithwaite and @bigpaulferguson
together to produce this energized version of @rammsteinofficial #iconic
song. I've only just begun. #burtoncbell #drylungvocalmartyr
#annhilisticautomoton".

According to Cleopatra, "A Tribute To Rammstein" will include "vicious
cover versions" of RAMMSTEIN classics by "new-school industrial acts such
as PRIEST, MANNTRA and JULIEN-K", along with "vanguard veterans FRONTLINE
ASSEMBLY, LAIBACH, SKOLD and more".

"A Tribute To Rammstein" track listing:

01. Du Hast - BURTON C. BELL, PAUL FERGUSON & MGT
02. Deutschland - FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY
03. Sonne - SKOLD
04. Engel - PRIEST
05. Amerika - LAIBACH
06. Feuer Frei! - THE 69 EYES
07. Ausländer - JAH WOBBLE & JON KLEIN
08. Radio - JULIEN-K
09. Ich Will - STONEMAN
10. Keine Lust - LACRIMAS PROFUNDERE
11. Links 2 3 4 - MANNTRA

Bonus tracks

12. Mein Teil - ORIGINAL GOD
13. Du Hast - LEÆTHER STRIP

The 54-year-old Bell has been largely inactive on the musical front since
officially announcing his departure from FEAR FACTORY in September 2020. At
the time he said that he could not "align" himself with someone whom he did
not trust or respect, an apparent reference to FEAR FACTORY founding
guitarist Dino Cazares.

During an appearance on a May 2023 episode of the "Home Is Where The Dark
Is" podcast, Bell reflected on his musical journey so far, saying: "I've
had a lot of *incredible* ups in my career, a lot of incredible high
points. I've had some devastatingly low points. But for me, this is *all* I
wanna do.

"I consider myself an artist — multifaceted, but first and foremost I'm a
musician; I'm a singer. So I wanna keep continuing that," he explained.

"I love performing on stage. I love being out in front of the crowd. I love
the energy of the audience, and I miss it completely.

"I am making plans — I'm making steps to get back onstage."

At the end of the chat, when host Alex Crescioni thanked Bell for his
"inspiring" musical output over the years, including that with FEAR FACTORY
 and ASCENSION OF THE WATCHERS, Burton said: "People will hear those again.
When I get back on the road, I'll be playing… I'm proud of 99 percent of
the songs we did [with] FEAR FACTORY. Not every song is a winner, but I'm
proud of all the work I did with FEAR FACTORY, THE WATCHERS, GZR, CITY OF
FIRE, MINISTRY, HATEFACE. There's all these bands I've been part of. So
when I go on the road, I will be playing music from all of these bands.
Obviously, a lot from FEAR FACTORY, 'cause I got 30 years of that. But it's
not gonna be *all* about FEAR FACTORY. It's gonna be FEAR FACTORY, WATCHERS,
classic GZR, CITY OF FIRE — just do *all* of it. It's gonna be fun. And I'm
jamming with some guys right now. We're working on it and making those
steps to make that happen."

This past March, Bell was asked by Joshua Toomey of the "Talk Toomey" podcast
how it felt to see FEAR FACTORY going out on tour with someone else singing
the parts he originally wrote and recorded with the band. He responded: "It
doesn't affect me at all. To be honest, I haven't been this happy in a long
time. More power to them, but I'm just moving forward in my own life, my
own career, and I'm just trying to make a name for myself."

Asked if he has checked out any of the videos on YouTube of FEAR
FACTORY performing
with his replacement, the Italian-born singer Milo Silvestro, Bell said:
"No, I don't. I don't care to."

Burton went on to say that he doesn't mind being asked about FEAR
FACTORY despite
the fact that he is no longer in the band. "FEAR FACTORY, it's what I'm
known for," he explained. "And the 30 years I had with FEAR FACTORY were
some of the proudest moments of my career. And everything I've ever
done in FEAR
FACTORY I'm very proud of. Even some of the questionable things I've done
in FEAR FACTORY I'm still proud of. It was a great legacy."

During an April 2022 appearance on an episode of "The Ex-Man" podcast
hosted by Doc Coyle (BAD WOLVES),Bell touched upon FEAR FACTORY's latest
album, "Aggression Continuum", which was released in June 2021 via Nuclear
Blast Records. The LP, which was recorded primarily in 2017, features Bell and
fellow original FF member Dino Cazares (guitar) alongside drummer Mike
Heller.

"I was just happy that record finally came out," Burton said. "We finished
that record in 2017. By the time it came out, I'd forgotten all about it.
'Oh, yeah, I remember that song. Oh yeah.'

"There's some good songs on that record. The song 'Collapse' is a good
song. The title track 'Monolith' is a good song," he added, referencing the
LP's original working title, before it was changed by Cazares.

When Coyle noted that the mix on "Aggression Continuum" is "great,"
Bell hesitated
for a couple of seconds before reluctantly agreeing. "I guess," he said.
"When I finished the record [in 2017], the record was done and agreed upon
and then further work was done without my say."

Elsewhere in the chat, Burton said admitted that "it was difficult" for him
to leave FEAR FACTORY. "Stepping away from FEAR FACTORY was not an easy
decision by [any] means," he said. "But what I experienced for the 10 years
before that, the lawsuits, the acrimony, that was the one that killed me.
And I just had to step away to realize, you know, they can take all this
stuff from me — they can take the money, they can take the royalties, they
can take the trademark away from me — and I realized that didn't define me.
They can take that, but I'm still Burton C. Bell, motherfucker, and
whatever *I* have they can't take. So I'm just kind of moving forward and
doing new things."

According to Bell, hardship is par for the course for most musicians, who
often find themselves victims of bad contracts, unscrupulous management
and, all too often, what appears to be a penchant for self-destruction.

"I knew a long time ago I wanted to be an artist — *way* before I was in FEAR
FACTORY," he said. "When I was in high school, I was, like, 'I wanna be an
artist.' To be an artist, you've gotta suffer. You've gotta understand that
people wanna take from you the entire time — what you create they wanna
make money off of and take it away from you and just give you a pittance.
But being bitter is not my style — never has been.

"Whatever negativity has happened in the past with FEAR FACTORY doesn't
even hold up to the amount of positivity that has happened," he continued.
"If you think about the negative, it can weigh you down so much, but it's
not really that much in comparison to what the band achieved, what we
created, what we provided to the music world, and for that I'm proud and
very happy.

"No one likes to talk to a bitter person at all," Burton added. "Me for
one. It's, like, 'Man, just get over it and just move on.' 'Cause holding
on to the past doesn't serve me anything, it doesn't serve anybody else
anything. Move on and show 'em what you *can* do from that point forward."

Bell's exit from FEAR FACTORY came more than two weeks after Cazares launched
a GoFundMe campaign to assist him with the production costs associated with
the release of FEAR FACTORY's latest LP.

Bell later told Kerrang!
<https://www.kerrang.com/features/im-proud-of-my-legacy-but-its-time-to-move-forward-burton-c-bell-on-leaving-fear-factory-and-whats-to-come/>
magazine
that his split with FEAR FACTORY was a long time coming. "It's been on my
mind for a while," he said. "These lawsuits [over the rights to the FEAR
FACTORY name] just drained me. The egos. The greed. Not just from
bandmembers, but from the attorneys involved. I just lost my love for it.

"With FEAR FACTORY, it's just constantly been, like, 'What?!' You can only
take so much. I felt like 30 years was a good run. Those albums I've done
with FEAR FACTORY will always be out there. I'll always be part of that. I
just felt like it was time to move forward."

Bell recently unveiled "Paradise Found", his debut exhibition of
photographic works, at the Vincent Castiglia Gallery in Fort Lauderdale,
Florida. The photographs Bell is presenting are representational of his
industrial and science-fiction aesthetic.

"Paradise Found" consists of 20 original full-color photographs of
abandoned industrial buildings taken in darkness and fog from 2002 to 2003.
Bell's images are printed on aluminum using the dye sublimation process —
an approach Bell calls "celluloid impressionism."

Bell's ASCENSION OF THE WATCHERS project released its second full-length
album, "Apocrypha", in October 2020 via Dissonance Productions.

Photo by Erica Vincent Photos / Earsplit PR
[image: Du Hast.jpg]

Du Hast <https://youtu.be/DP6ds12t0tg>