[kj] O/T damned reunion

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 04:43:37 EST 2021

Pretty much in agreement with this. Enjoyed a lot of the stuff at the
time, but the real classic Damned was 76-84... or possibly 76-78, then
78-84. Lots and lots of enjoyable moments since, but that era was
untouchable.

Seeing the original line-up will be good- though not sure I'd bet on
gigs being back by July- though it does mean they can't play any of my
favourite songs. Woulda preferred Scabies/Vanian/Sensible/Gray really!

I do get the gripes about ticket prices- but they've had nothing for a
year (at least) and in a way, just divide the cost over the many many
years where there will not be a chance to witness this line up. As
Scabies says, that's what it costs to get him and Sensible in a room
together.

I have a poster for that Hamm Palais '83 gig somewhere in the piles of
junk in my basement!

Dave in Edinburgh