[kj] KILLING JOKE Drummer BIG PAUL FERGUSON Signs With CLEOPATRA RECORDS For New Solo Album (Blabbermouth.net)

Paul dubecho at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 07:26:21 EST 2020

https://blabbermouth.net/news/killing-joke-drummer-big-paul-ferguson-signs-with-cleopatra-records-for-new-solo-album/

*KILLING JOKE Drummer BIG PAUL FERGUSON Signs With CLEOPATRA RECORDS For
New Solo Album*December 12, 2020

[image: BPF.png]

Los Angeles-based independent record label *Cleopatra Records* and *Big
Paul Ferguson*, the British percussionist for proto-industrial post-punk
legends *KILLING JOKE*, have announced their new partnership, which was
officially cemented this year.

*Ferguson* founded *KILLING JOKE*, along with vocalist *Jaz Coleman*, in
London 1978 and the two quickly expanded to a four-piece guitarist *Geordie
Walker* and bassist *Youth*. The band then proceeded to completely remake
the musical landscape, incorporating elements of punk rock, noise rock,
dub, and industrial to create a body of work that's as visceral as it is
sophisticated. *Ferguson*'s tribal-style of drumming became the backbone
for some of *KILLING JOKE*'s biggest songs, including *"Wardance"* from
their 1980 debut album as well as *"Eighties"* and *"Love Like Blood"* from
the classic 1985 album *"Night Time"*. After stepping away from the group
in 1987, a reunited *KILLING JOKE* came roaring back in 2008 with *Ferguson* on
drums for some of their most brilliant work to date, including the band's
most recent album 2015's *"Pylon"*, which *Ferguson* co-wrote. Meanwhile on
this side of the pond, *Cleopatra Records*, founded in 1992 by *Brian
Perera*, had earned a reputation as the go-to label for dark gothic and
industrial music throughout the 1990s and has since built a roster of
incomparable size and diversity that includes everyone from *Todd Rundgren*
 to *Glenn Danzig* to *Judy Collins* under its roof.

And now *Ferguson* joins the ranks with an exclusive solo project due in
2021, his first official solo album to be released commercially. The album
has been long in gestation so both the label and artist are thrilled to
soon share the project with fans.

*Ferguson* says: "I'm super excited to be working now with *Cleopatra* and
to have the support of such an amazing team. It's an honor for me to join
their roster of influential artists and am looking forward to working with
them."

*Perera* proclaims: "One listen to this record and instantly we knew we had
something very special. *Paul* is absolutely a creative force to be
reckoned with."