[kj] (OT) Don't-let-The-Gathering-die! Emergency Poll

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 15 14:11:33 EST 2018

It's completely unrelated to the poll, but Bigfoot/Drunk anecdote reminded me of a long-forgotten incident from my youth.

I must have been about 17 or 18. A friend of mine called Hannah was having a party at her house. If I remember correctly, it was the day after Kurt Cobain killed himself, so I was subjected to Nirvana throughout the entire fucking evening, which did not please me, since I was one of the (maybe) two people in the building who really hated Nirvana (we did get 15 minutes of Pearl Jam at one point, which was a significant improvement). As usual, I consumed large amount of Budweiser in a comparatively short space of time. One of my few coherent memories of the evening was being in Hannah's bathroom, puking my guts up. In mid-vomit, her father walked into the room and said: "If you die, can I have your Deep Purple records?"

Jim.