[kj] (OT) Favourite Bands/Albums

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 16:59:15 EDT 2017

I've noticed a similar phenomenon. In times gone by. PiL's Album and the first Underworld album would both have made my list, as would various albums by Nine Inch Nails,  Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim, The The, Faith No More, as well as multiple soundtracks by the godlike Chu Ishikawa. My choice of KJ album would have switched between the first album, Night Time, EDAVRE and Pandemonium, while my Bauhaus pick could easily have been Burning From the Inside.

Minor PiL anecdote: during my recent trip to Japan, I found myself pressured into doing karaoke, for the first and hopefully the last time. aside I scrambled to find something I liked, I noticed two Public Image songs were available. I assumed they would be 'Public Image' and 'Rise' (or possibly even 'This Is Not a Love Song'). I was very surprised to discover the tracks were actually 'Public Image' and 'One Drop'. AFAICR, the latter wasn't even a particularly good tune, let alone a hit, so it's presence on a Japanese karaoke machine was somewhat perplexing. Oh well...

Ramble, ramble!

Jim.