[kj] Youth & Dennis Morris

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:16:53 EDT 2016

Very interesting - (I was at that KJ gig, Brixton Ace, don't remember much
except there
was a lot of scrapping going on outside the venue, our lovely skinhead
chums).

I was just thinking Urban Shakedown sounded like Basement 5, then
remembered that
Dennis Morris was the B5 singer - after Don Letts. And the drummer was
Richard Dudanski, who
provided most of the drumming on Public Image Ltd's Metal Box.

Anyway, the universe must be in tune with something or other, because just
yesterday I discovered
this exhibition was on - Dennis Morris photos and stuff from his days
working with early Public Image Ltd
(putting the LP in a metal box was his idea apparently).

http://www.ica.org.uk/whats-on/dennis-morris-pil-first-issue-metal-box