[kj] Ruts

gingoblin at easynet.co.uk gingoblin at easynet.co.uk
Sun Dec 4 17:00:01 EST 2016

Absolutely love the new LP... was so not into it on the first few
listens, but put it on repeat one day and it suddenly clicked... it's
fucking great!

Seen them a fair few times in recent years (and Paul Fox's final gig,
with a surprisingly good Rollins on vocals) and they've been fantastic
every time. Heard lots of Ruts covers over the years, but when they play
those songs (even though it's just drums and bass from the original)
it's so apparent it's the real deal.

They're touring with the Stranglers next year, but unfortunately, the
Meninblack have definitely strayed too far from the real deal for me
nowadays. No Jet was the final straw...

Dave in Edinburgh