[kj] jaz interview - mike james rock show - october 2015

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:52:02 EDT 2015

I've just finished listening to it. No... he didn't fall back on the "best album of our career" quote. In fact, as the interviewer noted at the end, he didn't talk hardly at all about the album or tour.

There were a few Jaz cliches in there ("One of my band works for the Rockefellers", "I don't use computers") and the whole 40 minutes covered his views on society and the human condition, which we are all familiar with.

Nothing especially new in there, no fascinating anecdotes. The interviewer didn't really ask Qs, but just let him talk.

Jaz described KJ as "one of the most influential bands in the world". (Shall we have a poll on that?)

He said they are looking to play songs on this tour that they've never done live before.

A slight word of warning: he mentioned that he's a bit throaty. Thinking about it, he came over a bit drugged up flu meds; lethargic I suppose.