[kj] Lecture last night

jpwhkj at aol.com jpwhkj at aol.com
Mon Jun 22 17:34:31 EDT 2015

Yes, spot on.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Rangecroft <paul.rangecroft at gmail.com>
To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!) <gathering at misera.net>
Sent: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 22:00
Subject: Re: [kj] Lecture last night

Would he not be better using his considerable abilities to tackle
actual issues
that are affecting the world, instead of make-believe
ones? It's not as if there
is any shortage of genuinely scary shit
going on - e.g. NSA surveillance, police
in cahoots with the
media/phone hacking etc.

I do love Jaz and his music but I
despair at the bollocks he talks. If
it's part of the package then I'd rather
that than nothing, just think
it's a shame he doesn't use his powers for
good.

On 6/22/15, Brad Sims <elduce at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> i agree with
rob.say what you like about the man, jaz is a charismatic
> bloke. maybe he has
a tendency to talk a lot of old bollocks on occasion,
> but who doesn't? if he
was a "normal" man with conventional ideas, what
> would killing joke be?  i
like the drama of it all, even if i don't go along
> with all of his views,it
makes good lyrics to accompany the sound of the
> band. plus, you all know you
love it really, so stop pretending you don't,
> just to look aloof and cool. you
wouldn't be here otherwise would you?

> From: rob.moss at gmx.com
> Date: Mon, 22
Jun 2015 14:05:15 +0100
> To: gathering at misera.net
> Subject: Re: [kj] Lecture
last night
> CC: jpwhkj at aol.com
>
> I like Jaz a great deal. I like his
intelligence and his passion and I think
> he is the sort of charismatic
individual that could quite easily start a
> cult. He does already have a cult
following really. And that's why I am
> always wary of him and have never been a
"follower".
> I'm wary of all people like him whether they are musicians,
politicians,
> business leaders, religious sorts. Entertaining. At a
distance!!

<gathering at misera.net>
> wrote:
>
> I took him very seriously when I was 17 or
so - quite a while ago,