[kj] R.I.P. Lemmy

Adam Helfer devacor at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 13:18:20 EST 2015

Here is a great story from John Joseph) of Cro-Mags feed:

In remembrance of Lemmy:
In Dec of 1985 we were set to open for Motorhead at the Ritz.
On the bill was Wendy O Williams and S.O.D.
Well Motorhead's sound check took 4 hours because the guys were - how shall I put this - out partying on the LES... the Ritz was a lot of  our crowd that night too and we didn't get to play.

I flipped on Lemmy after the show... cursed him out - told him to fuck off  - called him an asshole and got in his face as Hells Angels stood close by - waiting to fuck me up -  Lemmy told them to stand down.
See, I had earned the right to do that - I was a die hard fan and looked up to him.

More than just getting bumped it was the fact that it was Lemmy who did it to us.
Well you know what?  He agreed and apologized, promising to make it up to us.
Lemmy gave us a tour in the States for the "Orgasmatron" release and after that shows all over the country as well as in Europe.

We have been friends ever since.  That's how he was - a REAL O.G. - He told me on that U.S. tour he loved the fact that I got in his face that night at The Ritz - that no one had ever done that to him.
We had so many great times on the road with them - You will be missed by Millions -  Rest is Power Sir..... John J.