[kj] Poll: Worst song off OTG

nicholas fitzpatrick gasw30 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 23 12:29:38 EDT 2014

'Stay one jump ahead', definitely the worst. Agree with the point about "dad rapping".
The album for me sounds like an attempt at a West End stage musical. Jaz even gets a bit Elton on the piano. And wasn't this the time when JC got friendly with Sarah Brightman? And when the Show Girls soundtrack was done? And the theme to that Cinderella thing that went on TV? Also, I think in the Cythera book he says he was being encouraged by Anne Dudley to "branch out" at around this time.
West End musical combined with kabalistacally driven time signature was always going to be a hard one to pull off.
I do not at all mind the existence of OTG in the annals of KJ. I just dread it being an introduction album for any newcomer to the Joke universe.