[kj] Pink Floyd and Two-Degrees of Killing Joke:

Paul Rangecroft paul.rangecroft at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 15:52:45 EDT 2014

Geordie said in some video interview online that originally the
Democracy album had lots of dance loops in the mixes (not unlike the
previous album, obviously) and that his guitar parts were written to
complement them. Youth then removed the dance loops late in the
production process but there was no opportunity for Geordie to
rerecord his guitars.

I believe Savage Freedom was an exception to this and the mix on the
album is Geordie's. It's the only song from the album that I listen to
on a regular basis.

I do have a lot of respect for Youth as a producer but that was not
his finest hour.