[kj] Pink Floyd and Two-Degrees of Killing Joke:

Geoffrey ODonoghue go1845 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 20:39:12 EDT 2014

Talk of Youth's production abilities has reminded me that I meant to post a few weeks back about Peter Murphy's latest release, Lion. It's a full collaboration with Youth in that Mr Glover not only produces and mixes but co-wrote the music and plays bass, guitar and keyboards.

For me Lion is PM's best release since Cascade, his last full collaboration with Paul Statham. I don't know if it's Youth's involvement that has seemingly re-energised Murphy (his previous release, Ninth, was quite good) but I really like the result of the Murphy/Youth pair-up. Murphy's vocal delivery is back to its histrionic and meldoramatic finest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lymd7efDvIk

Geoff