[kj] My thoughts on Letters From Cythera

Rob Moss rob.moss at gmx.com
Mon Apr 7 10:26:13 EDT 2014

Guess it might be this passage (sorry for jumping in)
Lucky Ted Parsons. He played with us on one tour in 2003. It’s not that he is a bad fellow, but everything always seems to mysteriously go wrong around him. Al Jourgensen rang me up and it was the first thing he mentioned. “Stand next to him and you are more than likely to get hit by lightning (or a scooter) which is probably meant for him”. Poor Ted, he has that effect and yet he is such an amiable chap, in truth. This being said, no-one ever dares to utter his name around Geordie, who considers Lucky Ted Parsons as a walking, talking talisman of misery and doom (and with some justification). On our 2003 tour, Lucky Ted, being somewhat distracted by his passions, was two days late for the Australian leg of the tour. All the gigs had to be re-arranged at the last minute, so instead of starting in Sydney, we would now have to begin in Brisbane. The end result of this was that we had to necessarily hire an Australian crew to shift the backline up the coast (had Ted turned up, this would have been unnecessary). In short, there was a tragic road accident and the roadie who was the driver was beheaded. We also ended up losing 30,000 Australian dollars for Ted’s incompetence, as of yet none of us has spoken to him since.
For such reasons, there was meaning in the fact that Lucky Ted Parsons had found the dead Raven. One week later, he would be conspicuous by his absence at the funeral, cowering behind a terse statement on the Web. It wasn’t just the thought of Lucky Ted Parsons that brought on such anger. It was the sense that death had somehow cheated us of someone dear and worst of all, cheated Raven from his goal, which was on reflection the simple, beautiful goal: “I don’t know about you, Jaz, but I want to work hard on the road for two more years, make some money, then put my feet up with Mel and take things easy”. I couldn’t shake off the feeling that if Paul had stayed with us, he would be alive today.
I agree with Jaz about Raven's death being avoidable. No -one is blaming Ted by the way. I have my own feelings that I prefer to keep to myself having spent a fair bit of time with Raven in the last few years of his all too short life.
By the way, Ted had his own health battles and he beat them! It's a bit unfair the way that this comes across but you have to look at the whole big picture in to the beliefs of KJ to put it in contect I feel.
Ted is a very very nice guy and is doing well!