[kj] (OT) Adam Ant last night: a further appreciation for KJ

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Mon Sep 2 19:51:30 EDT 2013

I bitched mightily about the first KJ show in Chicago before they redeemed themselves at the second. Compared to Adam Ant last night in Mpls, however, they were like the frikkin' Who at Woodstock. I went to AA last night with no expectations other than to check his name off my list and he didn't disappoint in that regard. Anemic, perfunctory and redundant, like a bored AA cover band rushing through the hits. He does get points for playing four tracks off the "Dirk" album.

KJ remain a strong, relevant live act. And for that, let us be grateful. At least until they subject us to a Milwaukee '04-style show again.