[kj] KJ name-checked and covered by some band we will not like:

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Tue Nov 19 10:09:51 EST 2013

"Scar the Martyr" is a Slipknot side-project. They are currently on tour with Korn and Rob Zombie. Let the hail of rotten vegetables commence...

http://www.bravewords.com/features/1001548

The deluxe version of Scar The Martyr contains a cover of
‘Complications’ by KILLING JOKE, which appeared on their self-titled
debut in 1980. “It’s a super, super catchy song. It’s got four chords to
it, including the chorus. It’s one of the simplest songs from one of
the most important bands of the post-punk era; I like everything about
that song! It’s so hypnotic. Of course I brought up the tempo; the
Killing Joke version is a lot different. It’s more flow-y, and this is
more of a charge. I metalled the fuck out of it! But at the same time it
almost doesn’t sound like a metal track; there’s no lead guitar solo,
nothing complicated about it. It’s ironic me saying complicated, but I
just love the words to that song. Killing Joke is one of my favourite
bands, ever. I’ve wanted to cover that song for 15 years. I’m not really
into covers, but something about that spoke to me. So when I was in the
studio, I did two takes of it. It’s not a hard song, but I was so into
it. I made it heavy as shit, but still kept the natural feeling and I
think it turned out cool. It was fun to do.”

The only place I could find the cover track is on a skeevy Vietnamese torrent site that I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole. I'll post it if I ever find a clean copy.