[kj] Music wanker poll

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 15 13:28:47 EST 2013

It's not quite in the same category as some of the great self-saboteurs, but Buck-Tick have taken some pretty sizeable risks and detours into dangerous territory. Obviously the first would be changing from pop into a mix of punk, industrial, ambient, dub, post-punk and 'noise', although that actually worked out well for them. There was a drug bust too; it doesn't sound like much, but a drug bust in Japan is a major deal, usually resulting in the replacement of the offending individual or the end of the band altogether. BT did neither, making them one of the few Japanese bands to survive a drug bust. They also refuse to play outside Japan, with the exception of a single show in London in the late '80s and an appearance at a Korean rock festival 10 years ago. This pisses me off mightily. And why aren't their albums at least available on sodding iTunes??

Jim.