[kj] Montreal setlist:

Rich Hopkins ratclimber at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 17:10:09 EDT 2013

Mark Stewart last year in London, backed by Factory Floor, ran out of songs
so they played the single again.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013, pssyche23 <antoni at clara.net> wrote:

> Yep, I was there too ... 30th November 1980 ... ‘twas my first KJ gig and

my 2nd Discharge gig ... and singer Cal threw up on stage :o)

On Behalf Of Neil Perry

> Sent: 24 April 2013 19:35

> To: A list about all things Killing Joke (the band!)

> Subject: Re: [kj] Montreal setlist:

> The first time I saw Discharge play - which I believe was as support to

KJ at the London Lyceum

> (the archivists among you can help me out...) they ran out of songs after

20 minutes, each one lasting

> about a minute. So they played the whole set again, and bloody great it

was too.

wrote:

> Actually yes. A few times. Typically it's a punk band that will play a

song in the beginning and then somewhere towards the end.

> In most instances they are young naive and do not have a lot of material.

> In a few instances its been bands that are "reunited" and reprising the

"hit" that got them there. In those cases they are older and naive.

> On Apr 24, 2013, at 12:48 PM, "Neil Perry" <65snoopy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nevertheless, that's a mighty fine trio of songs for the encore/rappel.

> On 24 April 2013 16:48, Rheinhold Squeegee <kjlist at live.com> wrote:

> The literal translation is "reminder." "Encore" means "again." So you

shout "encore" when you want a "rappel" of something they played
previously. Encore rituals are meaningless these days anyway. They started
in opera when a singer would be brought back to the stage to perform a
particular aria again. Has anyone here ever seen a band repeat a song
during an encore? Not me.

> And these are French Canadians. My understanding is that their French is

as indistinguishable from European French as UK and American English.

> ________________________________

> From: powens at gmail.com

> Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 15:32:51 +0100

> To: gathering at misera.net

> Subject: Re: [kj] Montreal setlist:

> ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THE FRENCH FOR 'ENCORE' IS 'RAPPEL'? WHAT THE

FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

> On 24 April 2013 15:31, Rheinhold Squeegee <kjlist at live.com> wrote:

> Liste des chansons jouées par Killing Joke hier soir, dans l'ordre :

> Requiem; Turn To Red; Wardance; European Super State; Love Like Blood;

The Beautiful Dead; Empire Song; Chop-Chop; Sun Goes Down; Eighties; Money
Is Not Our God; Whiteout; Asteroid; Corporate Elect; The Wait; Pandemonium