[kj] OT: Gobsmacked

Neil Perry 65snoopy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 16:13:36 EDT 2012

On Friday my 17-year-old nephew signed a 5-year, 4-album deal with
Universal/Polydor.
He was in a band for a while but last year decided he wanted to go solo,
and, er, it seems
to have paid off. One of his vids on YouTube has got 8 million views. It's
crazy.
(I know all his teenage female fans are watching the vids 1000 times each,
but still..)

I called him today and his conversation is already filled with "Yeah my
lawyer says..." and
"Should be some heavy touring next year...". But he's a smart kid so I just
hope he enjoys it.
Two points:
1) I tried to get him into my music, I really did. All those KJ/punk/metal
compilation CDs possibly
sent him the other way, however, as he might become the next Beiber.
2) I hope he remembers his kindly uncle when the millions roll in.

Vid here - enjoyment factor possibly multiplied if a 15-year-old female:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gebYB0y4PGg

Like I say... I tried.