[kj] punk

Alexander Smith vassifer at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 8 09:06:38 EDT 2012

I can't believe this is still going.

Rob Moss re-invoked it as a jest, .... and it's predictably taken off
again.

Listen, ask one of your justifiably-revered stalwarts of British punk
-- Strummer, Vanian, Simonon, Jones, etc. etc. pick one -- and
invariably *BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION* they'll say that the Yanks started
it. YES, the Brits *TOOK IT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND MADE IT THEIR
OWN*, ..... but it started in the States.

I'm not making it up.

Alex in NYC