[kj] punk

sade1 saulomar1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 7 22:50:51 EDT 2012

You know, I did think of GNR as I wrote that.

I thought they were too good to be lumped in with the hair-glam-rock stuff but too campy/glammy for me to take seriously. But I did like that song in the movie "Dead Pool" with Clint Eastwood (pre-chair) "Welcome to the Jungle" that put them on my radar. I always did admit they had undeniable talent, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2uHuKFOsvE

Great lyrics to match too:

I'm feeling sick, can I be fixed
through one more death-defying trick
the lights are on in Heaven.. no one's home

I need to tell you how I fell
into a one-way no-holds spell
I thought I had the answers.. now I don't know
No!

The winter's here, here comes the breeze
My heart is dying on its knees
The blizzard's on.. no way home

Defeat's gone down, and after the thrill
I'm left to shiver in the chill
Everything is gone
And i'm alone

It's a mystery, a mystery,
all of the people who'll never be

The Gods're on high and so am I

The truth just goes to prove the lie
So open up the gate.. To let me in

I'm not gonna feel the same again
It's memories in the falling rain
I feel like going straight, then again...
No!

Blessed are the Cracked for
  they let in the Light,
    others all are just a..