[kj] Phone interview I did with Jaz Coleman on Wednedsay

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Fri Oct 26 09:37:52 EDT 2012

This quote does seem to lay rest to the "was he misquoted" discussion from months ago:

Jaz: “Yes, I know what you’re talking about. I’ll be perfectly clear about this. We were supposed to play these shows with The Cult and The Mission, and it was an idea I never liked. It was this retro package of bands; Killing Joke have never been a retro band. It was really embarrassing because for one thing we were listed as the third band for this show in a venue we had already sold out all by ourselves before this. It made no sense to me, and especially playing with The Cult – we have nothing in common with them. They’ve been playing cock rock for a long time now. I mean, I don’t want to say anything bad about Ian or anything, but they act like rock stars. We’re not rock stars. I don’t have any regrets about ‘the incident,’ and I stand by what I said.”