[kj] (OT) Looking for a quick music recommendation:

fatpotanga fatpotanga at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:28:15 EST 2012

Mew are a huge fave of mine & I think(?) would tick a few boxes.
I'd start with Frengers, And the Glass Handed Kites is a bit prog-ish.
fantastic stuff.

Also the strange line up of 'supergroup' Apparjick produces some very interesting stuff

Ambient - it's a few years old, but maybe check out former Thompson Twins Tom Baileys International Observer 'Seen' - very chilled ambient dub

Blonde Redhead might tick a few boxes too.

Trip-hop - contemporaries of Zero 7, Weekend Players

for the hell of it, I am currently loving everything Silversun Pickups, although the latest is a bit flimsy.
Manchester Orchestra, Foals etc skirt greatness too.

Do you ever spotify a band you like & flick through the Related Artists links?
You can dig up some really interesting stuff.

:)