[kj] (OT) Looking for a quick music recommendation:

T.B. planetary at socal.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 17:13:49 EST 2012

Rheinhold Squeegee wrote:

I need to order something else to get free shipping on Amazon.

Can anyone recommend something, old or new, that meets any one of these
criteria:

1. Killing Jokeish
2. Progtastic like Porcupine Tree
3. Ambient / Trip-Hoppy like Zero 7

These are my present, but ever-changing, moods today. You can assume I have
the obvious bases covered.

This is a sincere request. Most of the people here have pretty good taste.

+++++++++++++++++

I'd recommend The Lords Of The New Church's 1st self titled album but it's
long out of print. However, you can still pick up "Killer Lords" which is a
combination "Best Of" as well as a collection of IRS era B Sides at a
reasonable price. Other recommendations include:

Bauhaus - In The Flat Field box set or the best of "Crackle"
The Jesus and Mary Chain - "Automatic"
The Secret Machines - " Now Here Is Nowhere"
Transmission - "Beyond Light"
P.I.L. - "Compact Disc"

The new Soundgarden album is pretty decent too if you go for that sorta
thing.

T.B.