[kj] MMXII after a few listens

Leigh Newton angrytomsizemore at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 29 01:13:39 EDT 2012

It's probably not as good as Absolute Dissent but it's really damn good all the same. WAY better than Democracy and better than KJ2003 as well. Possibly even better than Pandemonium? I dunno. That's a weird album for me. Some of their best songs are on there as well as some of their most forgettable. The filler on this one is far more enjoyable, I find (Rapture, for example. I'll take that song any day over Labyrinth, Pleasures of the Flesh, Millenium, Black Moon).

Pole Shift is a nice, slow burner of a first track. An interesting change. Lots of open space in that song. It's not wall-to-wall guitars which is particularly incharacteristic of an opening track. Awesome vocal melodies from Jaz on that one too. Fema Camp is killer, don't know why anyone would have a problem with that one. Instant like. All Hallow's Eve is probably the best song on the album. Amazing closer. Colony Collapse and Corporate Elect are also great, the former having a sweet and dirty glam-type groove and the latter reminding me quite a little bit of MINOG. Still taking the rest of it in.

Leigh