[kj] The Promoter

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Wed Mar 14 17:55:28 EDT 2012

Sorry to hear that Tony, in my mind the promoter - in particular - or venue
should be insured for this kind of thing. Assume there's loads of
finger-pointing between promoter, venue and power company, but surely power
outages are a common contingency clause in insurance contracts. I hear they
have been known to happen before.(sarcasm)

Not the band's fault and would assume (hopefully) they'll make a comms about
it before too long.

In the meantime you might like to blast the shit out of this - lyrics seem
strangely appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Pnf66eQa0

Warmed up my motor, swindled the promoter
Took the lunatics for a ride
And a little voice inside my head sayin'
Rosemary baby, I got the thyme
Suffering madness and the Pharoahs plague
I, Akhenan tell you some other day
No thank you, thats enough for me
A little bit of Ritalin goes a long way
Ready to rock if you want to roll
Please step away from the vehicle
Ragnarock and revolutionize
Gimme just a minute while I clarify
Cooled down my temper, tried to remember
What it was I wasnt to lose
And I probably could were it not for
The beer and the broads and the broads and the booze.
Hooked on stupid, and the whole shebang
I never have ever felt the same
No thank you, thats enough for me
Prozacly not what I need