[kj] Lemon Grove Exeter Set List

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 09:11:43 EST 2012

Right, interesting set there. I've never been a fan of the play-entire-new-album gambit; even with artists I absolutely love, it can be a test of one's patience. I'd sit in a bathtub full of baked beans and broken glass to watch Richard Thompson play guitar, but playing the entire album? Eeeek. Of course, part of the problem for me is that I have relatively little time to listen to music in an average day (and no iPod), so I rarely get a chance to really absorb the new album from whoever. Which is my fault entirely.

Anyway, they really are taking some chances here aren't they? So many songs no-one has heard, dropping Wardance, Requiem and anything from Pandemonium... Even if the new songs don't work (and they seem to be doing fine), it's a good sign that they're trying to move outside their established rut.

Having said that I'm glad Love Like Blood is still there ;)

Jim.