[kj] Gay thing

Janean Lancaster j at jlancaster.info
Thu Feb 9 09:23:26 EST 2012

On 08/02/2012 17:19, Phillipps, Marc wrote:

> I think some of this may be a case of looking back to the past with

> the mindset of today (if you see what I mean)

> Back in the early/mid eighties "fag" "queer" etc didn't have quite the

> same meaning as they do these days, they were still bloody stupid

> things to say though

Exactly. Lots of people flippantly used those words in the 80s. Even
me, as a closet queer. Times have changed, I like to think most people
have grown up about such matters having realised that those words
actually cause offence.

On 08/02/2012 22:11, Mike Cooper wrote:

> Wufter? I have not heard that expression in.... well 25 years. Made

> me laugh I have to be honest.

Heh - I call my dog that sometimes, as a term of endearment. Woofter!
But only because he woofs.