[kj] Gay thing

Phillipps, Marc Marc.Phillipps at nclondon.nhs.uk
Wed Feb 8 12:19:34 EST 2012

I think some of this may be a case of looking back to the past with the
mindset of today (if you see what I mean)

Back in the early/mid eighties "fag" "queer" etc didn't have quite the
same meaning as they do these days, they were still bloody stupid things
to say though

A band that used to soundcheck with Chic tunes can't really be called
homophobic though can they? After Youth left (first time) he went to
work for Stock Aitkin & Waterman who were at the time predominantly
doing "gay" disco . . .