[kj] FOLLOW UP: KJ = Anti-Gay Rock Band? This is a new wrinkle...

Rheinhold Squeegee kjlist at live.com
Wed Feb 8 16:51:55 EST 2012

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/killing-joke-say-they-are-not-haters

'Laugh I Nearly Bought One' which features catholic dignitaries.... at least this site is ill-informed as well... the man saluting the brown shirts is an abbot of the German Christians (kind of Protestant) whose name has just escaped me...

dirt

Killing Joke: Official

Okay so in case it is not absolutely clear, Killing Joke have zero intolerance to any way of life that does not cause harm to others. I cannot honestly believe that in the year 2012 ANYONE would have an issue with peoples sexuality, race or or disability come to that. Killing Joke have always been a tool that is designed to poke fun at authority, greed stupidity not strip normal people of any creed and kind of their dignity.

Without wishing to stoop to the level of some of 'Some our best friends are gay' etc, it really shouldn't come as much surprise to anyone that scrapes below the surface, that this band was born out of the countercultural movements (good and bad) and the kind of clubs where ANY degree of misguided prejudice would have been swiftly dealt with.

The quote that people are getting in a twist about (which will be given no dignity here) was printed uncredited an Zig Zag magazine 27 years ago and even at the time the band totally denied saying it, following up with their totally horror of having visited the Death Camps that year. The only group of people that were singled out by the band were the hypocrites of organised religion, again made the target of satire on the cover of the singles album 'Laugh I Nearly Bought One' which features catholic dignitaries being Nazi Saluted on the front. This was comment at the permissive nature of organised religion.

In Summery

If anyone out there thinks that we as a band are Homophobic, Racist, Facist or anything of the sort and feel this is a positive FUCK RIGHT OFF and stay away from us

Is that clear now?

Killing Joke