[kj] London venue change:

Brendan Quinn bq at soundgardener.co.nz
Thu Aug 9 03:19:05 EDT 2012

The mystique that used to surround them seems missing. Maybe Jaz's vanishing is an attempt to recreate that?

I can see it now. Jaz sits down with pen and paper and writes (in an archaic script lost in the mists of time but discovered by Jaz in an exceedingly dangerous magickal ritual, which itself was lost in the mists of time but discovered by Jaz in an exceedingly…you get the picture):

TO DO:

Don’t drink / smoke / use money / use electronics (conditional exception for microphone / amp)

Buy barter more Nicotine patches

Berate other band members relentlessly

Don’t listen to any other music cos it’s all naff

Enact elaborate plan to go off the deep end vilifying The Cult, make total twat of myself and create a mini internet sensation for about 30 minutes, go AWOL again, get the other band members to say it had nothing to do with them and make me look like a tosser, in order to re-create a long-lost sense of mystique and danger about Killing Joke

Remember not to play any gigs in New Zealand. EVER.