[kj] London venue change:

Tabazan tabazan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:07:08 EDT 2012

You fart in Oxford and the nuclear alarms go off in London!
On Aug 8, 2012 8:09 PM, "Rob Moss" <rob.moss at gmx.com> wrote:

> I was thinking that.

> It's the same wherever I think.

> Modern communication is such that if you fart in NYC I know about it in

Oxford.

> Bands have nowhere to hide.

> On 8 Aug 2012, at 20:20, Alex Smith <vassifer at earthlink.net> wrote:

>>> Sometimes I wonder if we've all seen too much of what goes on behind

the curtain with Killing Joke. The mystique that used to surround them
seems missing.

>>> Maybe Jaz's vanishing is an attempt to recreate that?

>>> Alex in NYC

been moments of sheer brilliance since then (not least, the original
line-up back together). There have also been many moments of shite - here
are my biggest gripes:

>>> * extremely similar set-lists, not just on the same tour, but from one

tour to the next

>>> * gems of power

>>> * chugga-chugga-chug

>>> * too much growling / shouting

>>> Somehow, I've avoided being stung by cancellations (lucky me) but

doubtless that would be high on others' lists.

>>> Do I await the next episode with the same baited-fanboy-breath of

thirty years ago? Er, no.

>>> Thin Jamie

gutted.

>>> After the low point of Jaz n Geordie + two hired hands, the original

line up getting back together and

>>> releasing a couple of albums and managing to get through some tours is

more than I ever

>>> hoped for. And MMXII would be a pretty fine swan song. A tour as part

of some nostalgia road show

>>> is not what I want KJ to be. BPF has already been absent from some

shows, how long before Youth is too

>>> busy and we're back to 2+2 again?

>>> Bongo's comment earlier about Jaz sat by the fire on Killing Joke

island... well I hope he is, and

>>> hope he's happy. I'd be more excited about reading his memoirs than

hearing another album to

>>> be honest. The 'will they won't they'/'can they can't they' has become

tiring and tedious, and let's be honest,

>>> how much longer are they are going to stay together now anyway without

killing each other?

>>> n

>>> On 8 August 2012 13:28, fatpotanga wrote:

>>> It's had the total opposite effect on me!

>>> I'm so utterly bored of the whole KJ debacle & really couldn't give a

shit what they do, where they play or even what they release anymore :/

>>> I was so excited when I discovered the Gathering, but now it's like

we're all stood in this room with egg on our faces trying to make the best
of it.

>>> Time after time another one flies in & hits us square on. 'Bastards!'

we think, 'still, look on the bright side, we can always make an omelette.'

>>> Jaz has turned into a parody of himself. He's like the annoying uncle

who jabs you in the stomach then tells you to pull his finger; funny when
you were 5 but wearing more than a little thin now you're in your forties.

>>> Geordie is such a wasted talent. What he does still thrills & inspires

me, but in many ways he's kinda become the Syd Little to Jazs' Eddie Large.

>>> I have nothing but the utmost respect & admiration for BPF & Youth's

drive & side-projects, but year on year my interest in KJ is slowly chipped
away by mismanagement, broken promises & something else I can't think of
right now but it would have been good, really good & you'll have all nodded
in agreement.

>>> Sad really, but it's all become a stilted version of "Whoops! There go

my Trousers!"

>>> On 8 Aug 2012, at 11:37, Paul Wady wrote:

>>> Well, whatever they are up to it has worked on me. I want to go see the

gig now.