[kj] What? Records:

GREG SLAWSON gregslawson at msn.com
Wed Apr 25 14:36:19 EDT 2012

Thanks for the info everyone about $$$. I've heard in the past (i.e. the EIGHTIES!) that bands get a much larger % of record sales on small indie labels than
from major labels. Of course in the old days majors would usually advertise and promote, so there were greater sales, but I think majors have always done little
for indie bands (like the ones that moved from SST records to majors in the late 80s/90s). Maybe that's why more bands than ever now release stuff on their own "labels" w/o getting help from big labels.