[kj] Fwd: Re: This World Hell Remix

Agni Deva devacor at aol.com
Tue Sep 13 18:17:41 EDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: Agni Deva <devacor at aol.com>
To: ratclimber <ratclimber at gmail.com>
Sent: Tue, Sep 13, 2011 6:11 pm
Subject: Re: [kj] This World Hell Remix

This World Helll has grown on me- when I had the CD on loop for awhile,
I used to actually skip it- I have a 'hardcore' background so the
heaviness of it I like-- and the content is poignant to me- "they're
using food as a weapon" is so intense and resonates with the work I do.
I guess I was hoping/expecting something a bit more complex and
'nuanced' then the material on this last album-- but its all grown on
me a lot.
though I also think things shouldn't have to 'grown on you' if its
going to resonate deep with you.
actually the last kj album that totally clicked with me right off the
bat was 'Extremities..'
oh, well I guess 2003 did also, I almost forgot about that one. -

and I will say (mentioned in the post below) that an ongoing element
with them that really detracts from their work is their songs are just
too damn long...to just a casual listener I think its too much and
people get bored. to listen to one long song after another and people
are left with a lesser impression then they could if things were
truncated a bit.

On Tuesday, September 13, 2011, ADRIAN WASON